weight loss goal charts
- James Stevenson, Accredited Wellbeing Coach and Positive Psychologist -
Free and easy to download printable weight loss goal charts
Weight loss goal charts can be a great way to keep ourselves focused and determined with our weight loss goals.
We can see exactly how we are progressing where and begin feel that familiar motivation arise from within the closer we get to our target weight and date.
I have created a free printable weight loss goal chart which you can download below. You may want to come up with a list of suitable and realistic steps that you will try and to do each day.
Weight loss goal chart
- Here are a few examples you can use if they are a good fit for you.
- Try to eat your last meal of the day 4 hours before you sleep.
- Remember, when we exercise we can eat more. If we don't exercise and we want to lose weight we should eat sparingly.
- Is there a sport you enjoy that you could start playing once or twice a week.
- Start to grill foods rather than frying in oil.
- Fit one extra glass of water in to your daily routine.
- Drink a hunger absorbing tea such as green tea or oolong tea.
- Reduce alcohol consumption to an amount that you feel will be beneficial.
- Reduce the amount of coke, fizzy drink, or energy drinks that are high in sugar
- Take a 15-60 minute walk at an opportune moment each day or a few times a week.
- Go shopping when you are NOT hungry and stock your cupboards with healthy foods rather than chocolates etc.
- Get 8 hours of sleep each night.
The weight loss goal setting chart uses a thermometer which you can fill in to track your progress.
A few helpful tips from my experience
- Try to measure your weight at the same time each day as weight fluctuates. First thing in the morning is a good time.
- Buy a body fat % measurer for a couple of pounds for more accurate assessment.
- Don't do too much too soon. Do things that you can maintain keeping some enjoyment for yourself.
- I use an app called myfitnesspal which is excellent. I can calculate how many calories I need to eat every day to lose a certain amount of weight. I can scan the barcode of each item I eat for easy entry. Once I've entered a food item it will be there to be selected in the future.
Goal Setting Templates
Weight Loss Goal Charts
Weight Loss Goal Charts
James Stevenson is the owner of WiseGoals.com and a qualified and accredited wellbeing and philosophy coach.
He works with clients in an patient, understanding and creative way to help them apply great philosophical ideas and psychological scientific findings so they can flourish in a way that leads to them also contributing to a better world.
The development of a strong sense of mattering and agency, alongside deep understanding of inner and outer obstacles give clients a powerful coaching experience. More about James here.
Like something you've read? Do your friend a favour & pass it on!
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Jul 22, 22 07:50 AM
What are your friendship goals? Do your friends mean everything to you? Is there nothing more important? 2 wonderful goals to aim for that’ll mean more friends and even better quality friendships!
Jul 12, 22 06:54 AM
Diet and fitness goal setting can be extremely tough! Years of experience compressed down to 2 great tips: 1. The art of small victory steps 2. Finding your balance of challenge and self-kindness...
Jul 09, 22 10:46 AM
The best possible self intervention is a powerful tool for creating optimism, a sense of direction and goal progress. Explore the roots and give it a try today
Jun 30, 22 10:29 AM
Do you find it difficult to concentrate on your goal? Keeping focused on what matters can be hard. There is often good reason for what's happening...
Jun 18, 22 08:49 AM
Are you trying to change a bad habit? Create a shift in your view with 8 scientifically supported tips. These top insights from psychology empower you to change!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you've just read! Leave a comment in the box below