Take a step to obliterating your debt with these free Debt Reduction Worksheets
- James Stevenson, Accredited Wellbeing Coach and Positive Psychologist -
Are you looking for a little help with reducing your debt? Maybe one of the debt reduction worksheets below could be a step in the right direction?
This first debt reduction worksheet is easy to use and can help you plan how you will reduce your debt. You can download the Excel spreadsheet below.
To pay of your debts is a respect-worthy goal. To be debt-free after being in debt for a long time is such a huge relief! Hopefully you can use this worksheet to help you to plan the payment of various debts.
Have a quick look at the picture below to see if this might be helpful for you.
Use this debt reduction spreadsheet to help plan your way out of the red
How you use this worksheet:
- First you fill in the item columns, the amount owed columns, and the interest rate per year columns.
- The one to be played around with is the 'no. of months you hope to pay the debt off in' column. Try out different combinations until you like the look of your individual and total monthly payments, the total interest payed, and the overall payment. The worksheet is set up for these figures to change automatically.
- You will notice that some combinations will have you paying less overall. Take what you can pay per month and keeping to that figure find which debts it is financially beneficial to pay off quickest.
- This worksheet will give you an idea about when you will be debt free which can be used in your goal setting. If you want think through your goal in some detail check out these worksheets.
A copy of the spreadsheet above can be downloaded here. Simply add your own data over the example data I have put in there.
If you want a debt reduction worksheet that helps more with motivation and perspective you can use the one below
Once you've entered your data and are happy with your monthly payment figures and totals or you've completed the 2nd worksheet with your strengths etc... I would recommend printing out a copy and putting it somewhere you can't miss every day. The idea is to do whatever you can to engrave the goal in your life so your life is primed and open to receive solutions. Good luck!
Goal Setting Worksheets
Debt Reduction Worksheet
James Stevenson is the owner of WiseGoals.com and a qualified and accredited wellbeing and philosophy coach.
He works with clients in an patient, understanding and creative way to help them apply great philosophical ideas and psychological scientific findings so they can flourish in a way that leads to them also contributing to a better world.
The development of a strong sense of mattering and agency, alongside deep understanding of inner and outer obstacles give clients a powerful coaching experience. More about James here.
Like something you've read? Do your friend a favour & pass it on!
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Jul 22, 22 07:50 AM
What are your friendship goals? Do your friends mean everything to you? Is there nothing more important? 2 wonderful goals to aim for that’ll mean more friends and even better quality friendships!
Jul 12, 22 06:54 AM
Diet and fitness goal setting can be extremely tough! Years of experience compressed down to 2 great tips: 1. The art of small victory steps 2. Finding your balance of challenge and self-kindness...
Jul 09, 22 10:46 AM
The best possible self intervention is a powerful tool for creating optimism, a sense of direction and goal progress. Explore the roots and give it a try today
Jun 30, 22 10:29 AM
Do you find it difficult to concentrate on your goal? Keeping focused on what matters can be hard. There is often good reason for what's happening...
Jun 18, 22 08:49 AM
Are you trying to change a bad habit? Create a shift in your view with 8 scientifically supported tips. These top insights from psychology empower you to change!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you've just read! Leave a comment in the box below