Inspiring Goal Setting Articles
- James Stevenson, EMCC Accredited Coach, Applied Positive Psychologist and Coaching Psychologist -
Are you looking to create some motivation? A bit of inspiration? The goal setting articles below will leave you feeling full of hope and ready for action!
Below you can have a look at goal setting articles covering various aspects of setting goals.
Have a quick read and you'll more fully grasp how you can make goal setting work for you.
You can re-realise once again the link between your personal achievement and setting your specific and challenging goals.
What door will you open today or tomorrow?
Articles about your goals and dreams that'll leave you feeling invigorated and hopeful
- Check out the original goal setting theory by Locke and Latham and understand the dynamics of how goals create motivation from within.
Goal setting articles from elsewhere
1. How your self belief and your response to short-term difficulties and victories influence your goal attainment. Here is a summary of the interesting findings.
- Higher self-belief means a more independent approach to goal setting rather than choosing goals because everyone else does
- The ability to respond flexibly and adjust actions influences the level of progress towards a goal
- Higher self-belief influences the level of progress towards a goal
If you have some goal setting articles to share that inspired you or you'd like to read an article and never seen it written you can use the comments below.
Goal Setting Articles
James Stevenson is the owner of WiseGoals.com and a qualified and accredited wellbeing and philosophy coach.
He works with clients in an patient, understanding and creative way to help them apply great philosophical ideas and psychological scientific findings so they can flourish in a way that leads to them also contributing to a better world.
The development of a strong sense of mattering and agency, alongside deep understanding of inner and outer obstacles give clients a powerful coaching experience. More about James here.
Jul 22, 22 07:50 AM
What are your friendship goals? Do your friends mean everything to you? Is there nothing more important? 2 wonderful goals to aim for that’ll mean more friends and even better quality friendships!
Jul 12, 22 06:54 AM
Diet and fitness goal setting can be extremely tough! Years of experience compressed down to 2 great tips: 1. The art of small victory steps 2. Finding your balance of challenge and self-kindness...
Jul 09, 22 10:46 AM
The best possible self intervention is a powerful tool for creating optimism, a sense of direction and goal progress. Explore the roots and give it a try today
Jun 30, 22 10:29 AM
Do you find it difficult to concentrate on your goal? Keeping focused on what matters can be hard. There is often good reason for what's happening...
Jun 18, 22 08:49 AM
Are you trying to change a bad habit? Create a shift in your view with 8 scientifically supported tips. These top insights from psychology empower you to change!